|Keio Communication Review
|Media and Communication relating to Japan
Minoru Sugaya, Ph.D.
|Institute for Media and Communications Research,
Mita 2-15-45, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 108-8345, JAPAN
|For those who are interested in subscribing our journal, please contact
any of the professional journal dealers below. The current subscription
rate is US 20.00 per year (one issue).
| (1)EBSCO Subscription Services
||Publisher Services Department/POP/
P. O. Box 1943
Birmingham, AL 35201-1943
(Phone)(205)991-6600, 1234 or 1249
|Online Versions of Papers Published @r
|Notes for Authors in Keio Communication Review
- TITLES AND SUBTITLES: Boldface letters should be used for titles and subtitles.
Please do not number major subtitles that are to be printed by boldface
letters. As for the combination of upper and lower cases (capital letters
and small letters),in titles and sub-titles,please see the first page in
previous issues. In case boldface letters are not available in your typewriter
or word processor, you may type titles and subtitles by ordinary letters.
- FORMAT OF THE FIRST PAGE: Please see the first page of any article in this
issue. At the bottom of the first page, please add footnote indicating
your present position. If you wish, you may add "AUTHOR'S NOTE"
for acknowledgements or a note regarding the whole article.
- TABLES AND FIGURES: Tables and figures should have short, descriptive titles
printed by boldface letters. All footnotes to tables and their source(s)
should be placed under the tables. Camera-ready artwork for all figures
must be supplied.
- NOTES: Notes should be indicated by superscript numbers in the text and
collected at the end of the article. As for the format of NOTES and REFERENCES,
please see any notes in this issue.
- REFERENCES: References cited in the text should read thus: Ikuta(1989:21-22),Ikuta(1989:67),New York Times(1985:7). (21-22,67 and 7 after[:]indicate pages of citation).The letters
a,b,c,etc. should be used to distinguish different citations by the same
author in the same year,e.g. Ikuta(1975a,1975b). All references cited in
the text should be listed alphabetically and in full after the notes, using
the following style. It is often confusing and difficult to recognize if
you put a comma after every family name, especially when the book or article
is coauthored. So, please capitalize all family names and do not put commas
- Articles in Journals:
- CHANG Won(1981). "Vertical Integration of Mass Media in Japan".
- Articles in Newspapers and Magazines:
- New York Times(1985). "Recent Fashion in Warsaw". November30:7.
- Articles in Edited Books:
- LENT John A.& GIFFARD C.Anthony(1982). "The Age of Awareness in
Global Mass Communications". In DERVIN Brenda & VOIGT Melvin J.
(eds.), Progress in Communication Sciences, Vol.V. Norwood, NJ: Ablex. 163-201
- Reports and Monographs:
- Ministry of International Trade and Industry(1963). Eiga Sangyo Hakusho [White Paper on Motion Pictures.] Tokyo: Author.
- LEE Chin-Chuan(1980). Media Imperialism Reconsidered: The Homogenizing of Television Culture. Beverly Hills, CA: Sage.
- SELLTIZ Claire, WRIGHTSMAN Lawrence S., & COOK Stuart W. (1976). Research Methods in Social Relations (3rd ed.). New York: Holt,Rinehart & Winston.
- Reprinted Books:
- Ministry of Agriculture and Commerce (1971). Shokkoh Jijoh [Conditions of Factory Workers]. In Seikatsu Koten Sohsho,4. Tokyo: Kohseikan. (Original work published 1903).
- Edited Books:
- FUKUTAKE Sunao, HIDAKA Rokuro & TAKAHASHI Akira (eds.)(1958). Shakaigaku Jiten [Dictionary of Sociology]. Tokyo: Yuhikaku.
- Non-English Language Literature:
- ISHIGE Naomichi (1987) "I to Shoku to Juh to [Food, Clothing and Shelter]". In SOFUE Takao (ed.), Nihonjin wa Doh Kawattanoka. Tokyo: Nihon Hoso Shuppan Kyokai. 33-48